Sunday 1 November 2009

Macaron inspired recipe

Today I thought of making macaron after reading a lot about it on the web so I googled the recipe for it and realised that I did not I have the almond for the recipe. Too lazy to go shop for it, I decided to go freestyle again by replacing the almond with sunflower seeds. Recipe also requires icing sugar but I didn't have that also. Anyway, my 'sunflower-caron' was a totally different recipe altogether. I basically just use the concept and created my own biscuit. Probably the first of its kind in the world. Anyway, I made a chocolate sunflower macaron with banana choc fillings. The result was pretty impressive. A nice crunch on the outside but very light and fluffy in the inside. Since I have never tasted a macaron I can't benchmark what the texture should be. Will definitely try the real McCoy when we visit Paris/ France one day.




I made about 7 for my first batch and left it to cool on a plate. It was an exciting EPL weekend, so I went to the room to check some of the football results. Chelsea was leading 1-0 after Frank Lampard's penalty. I was pretty please with the overall result. When I went back to the kitchen, I saw only 1 macaron left. I thought Steph kept it in a container so when I look at her, she gave me one of those guilty look. I knew something was wrong - yes she has eaten the 'missing' macarons. She said it was very good and she couldn't stop munching. I swear I was only away for less than 10 minutes. :)




- Adrian

1 comment:

  1. Greedy steph..but probably ill do the same thing too..hahah
    make sure u make some for us when u guys come bac! =p
    -sharen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails