Friday 6 March 2009

Meatball with baked beans

Last night, we cooked three Chinese dishes for dinner. Never done that many dishes at once before and it was interesting how Steph and I managed to prepare it in less than an hour. Basically, we had meatball with baked beans, leek with Chinese sausage and Japanese tofu with mince pork. Steph cooked the Japanese tofu with mince pork and I cooked the other 2 dishes. Husband and wife team! :)

The meatball with baked beans is how my Dad usually cooks baked beans at home. Obviously, it taste different but he gave me the idea for it. Thanks Dad. Mine had a hint of ginger in it so tasted different from home.

Ingredients
Meatball with baked beans
150g of minced pork
1 egg
Chopped ginger (About a tablespoon)
1 toasted bread
Spring onion
Soy saunce
Oyster sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
Pepper
2 tablespoon of Corn flour
Baked beans

How I did it:

  1. In a bowl, mix the minced pork, egg, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper and ginger together. Leave it for 15 mins. Make some breadcrumbs from the toasted bread (I used a grater since I haven't bought my food processor yet). Mix the breadcrumbs into the mixture and add in the corn flour.

  2. Shape the mixture into meatballs and fry them in a pan till they are brown on each side. Remove them from the heat. Warm up the baked beans in the same pan and put back the meatballs when the baked beans starts bubbling. Cover the meatballs with the baked beans sauce. DONE!
-Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails