Tuesday 3 March 2009

simple desirable Apple Crumble

Adrian doesn't feel well today, so I thought I'll make something (sweet) to cheer him up a little. We had a couple of apples in the fridge so I decided to make apple crumble for dessert. It was my first try, and never knew that it would be that easy, took me less than 30mins. As usual, I visited youtube for recipes. I always find it easier to learn how to cook from watching the video compare to just reading the steps.
First, peel and slice the apples. Then, sprinkle them with sugar and a little cinnamon and mix them up.





For the crumble mixture, mix the flour, oats and some butter into a large bowl and mix with your hands until it resembles a crumb texture.







Pour the mixture over the apples, and baked them for about 20mins.






Delicious! Would be better if there are more crumble.. the apples are really sweet so the crumble can level down the sweetness intensity.


I think I will be making more of this in future. Maybe a nice warm
apple crumble for breakfast, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. yummmm!

- steph

2 comments:

  1. wahh! warm apple crumble with ice cream and strawberry sauce is yummm! u're making one for me when u're back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. make one for yrself.. bet CK will loves them too. easy easy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails